Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Stick to the strategy

Well, this morning was interesting. I woke up and G/U was up over 150 pips for the day approach previous high. Of course I sold it. It was fighting a bit, the market slowed down, but eventually sold off 25+ pips. This was pretty much it as nothing was happening until after 8am. And since a real man doesn't trade dead markets, I didn't do anything else.



Granted, I should was a bit inpatient with the G/U short as the second one was way better. The next trade was a long E/U after it showed a strong move after NY open. I covered around the previous high.





Then I left for work, but what followed was a textbook bounce from the previous hourly high.



Another one that I missed was a long on E/G. This was happening as I was already long E/U and decided to pass.



And finally, E/J had a solid bounce off support. I would have passed on this one probably, as it wasn't as oversold I would have liked it to be.



What did I learn today? First, don't trade dead markets. This was crucial to avoid any blind sucker plays before the NY open. Second, be smart. Even after seeing a strong breakout, price pulls back before continuation. There's no point jumping in too soon.

-Tyler

No comments:

Post a Comment