Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Craziness on a FOMC day

FOMC is announcing its rate decision today and expected volatility came in at its best. I got stopped out on the very first trade I took. G/U broke support by 40 pips, retraced to it but never bounced. This cost me 20 pips.



Other than that I made another mistake. After getting stopped out I attempted to short G/J and E/J too at very bad levels which cost me too. So the day started quite negative. After seeing the upside momentum, however I reversed my shorts to longs and made up for all the losses. This however, constitute breaking of my rules. The only trade according to the rules should have been the G/U short so far.

Now a good one. G/J rallied a lot so I exited my longs and started looking to short this crazy upmove. G/J came to resistance at previous high slightly below 137.00. I let it break a bit, then shorted at 136.99. As you can see it fell 30 pips from there.



At around the same time, E/U hit a round number too, 1.3700. A short would have been good, but I was already short G/J so I didn't enter. Also, this was just moments after ZEW surprised to the upside so I stayed away from this one.



There was a good long on U/CHF on hourly/15-minute support. I didn't take it, because I was already short in E/U.



U/CAD also bounced off hourly support, good for 15+ pips.



I went long E/G on strong support again and got +8. It's getting closer to FOMC.




-Tyler

No comments:

Post a Comment