Thursday, March 11, 2010

Slow Thursday

Absolutely no volume in the first two hours on the London session. I went back to bed and decided to trade US session. Around 8.00am, I was looking at shorting E/J and G/J but with upcoming weekly jobless claims at 8.30am I decided to wait. News moved both pairs down, breaking support. I decided to short, since the move wasn't big in size (I usually fade news if the move is significant) and made around 30 pips.



Second trade was interesting. I had planned to long G/U on support at 1.4990 but somehow I got in at 1.5000. It broke down right away so I got out for -8, not realizing that my entry was bad. Of course, G/U rallied 25+ from the support. I guess a mistake from lack on concentration. Looking at my strategy though, this would have been a perfect trade, had I executed it correctly.



Well I think I'm going to call it a day, since pushing trades when the market resembles a sluggish dog is pretty much just like tossing a coin and betting it will land on its edge. Off to school and C++.

-Tyler

No comments:

Post a Comment