Wednesday, March 10, 2010

You can't catch all of them

I woke up at 4am, quickly glanced at charts and immediately became slightly disappointed because I had missed out on fantastic trades. Let's review what were textbook trades:

G/J went to retest yesterday's low exactly at London open, got rejected and rallied over 100 pips. I doubt I would have stayed in for the whole ride, but 20+ pips were sure here. Notice the accuracy of the bounce. I don't know many other strategies which allow you to use a 20 pips SL on the Dragon, but this one surely does.



Similarly to G/J rallying after the bounce, E/J rallied too. However it was quite clear to predict where it will stall/bounce - at previous resistance at 122.80. It only bounced around 20 pips, but that's half of your day's work.



News trade - UK released manufacturing production, which disappointed (just like all other data coming out of the UK in the recent months). G/U reversed the morning rally and plummeted to previous support. I got in/out for 10+ pips. As you can see the support got broken later on. Quite normal.



I indeed played the breakout this time, however I got in before it was even attempted and I got in based on price action. I shorted right after the strong bearish bar on the M1 chart (two bars to the left of the entry arrow). First the momentum slowed down, then the support broke and I quickly got out for 15+. I suspect, however, that this might have been a stop hunt and a fake, but we shall see later.



Well...



There were two other perfect trades around noon. I wasn't trading, because I was at school, but these should have been taken no matter what. E/J bouncing off resistance on hourly chart. Broke by 10 pips then plummeted 60+ pips.



And finally, U/CAD bounced off strong daily support. The 15 minute chart on the left shows that it went really high and the daily on the right shows the obvious level.




-Tyler

No comments:

Post a Comment